Sunday, April 27, 2008

Panties

Just quickly I have to document this before I forget and three years from now wonder how I potty trained Samantha. So Friday with a week old baby in toe I decided that I was done changing 2 3/4 year old diapers. I put Samantha in panties had a discussion with her about where to go if she had to pee pee and that was it. We are on day 3 and with many reminders and a few accidents we are doing well. She even made it through all of church with daddy and no accidents. I am not giving up, Pull ups only for bed time and hopefully the next week will prove productive.

6 comments:

Kyle said...

Yeah, good for you! I would suggest no pullups at bedtime too. I know it sounds crazy, but I would just take my kids to the bathroom once in the night. The problem with pull ups at night is that when they wake up they just pee in them and they can't remember when they are wearing pull-ups or not. Hide the pullups! Go cold turkey!! Just my little opinion....

The Max Family said...

Good Job sam and mommy!!!!! I know you will love the savings on diapers as I sure did once I didnt have two children in diapers, I even told Karlie when we didnt have to buy diapers for her any more we could spend the money we would have used on another pack of pull ups for her special treat!:)

Were are my handsome baby landon updated photo's??? j/k I know you are busy!!!!

Love your Sis Kelly

Tera said...

Congratulations! We are finally making some really good headway with Ben and the potty training as well. It's so nice!

Taryn said...

You go girl! Good luck with that. I'm waiting a little longer with Hagan because for me they finally "GET IT" at about 2 1/2. I still can't wait until I'M done buying diapers!!!!

Amy said...

Way to go Samantha!!!

Steve and Rebecca said...

When you change a newborn's diaper and then a 2 or 3 year old's...you suddenly realize...one bum should be in the toilet! Haha! Way to go Samantha!! I had 2 kids in diapers for over a year!!