Thursday Jeremiah and I left Samantha with grandma at home and went out for dinner. This was a test for grandma to see if she could get Samantha to bed without mom and dad. She did well! We went to Chili's for dinner! it was good food I only wish I had more room in my stomach to stuff myself with all they had to offer.
After dinner Jeremiah braved the mall with me. I rarely go to the mall anymore since I have Samantha to tote around and I like my hair and don't want to pull it all out, so we walked around and took our time shopping in peace and quite. As much as we or I enjoyed shopping without her we still managed to shop for her.
We have been told by many a wise mother that we should bring a doll home with the new baby for Samantha to have. I have thought a lot about what kind of doll to get her over the last few months. She has started to play with her baby doll that she has at home changing it's pants, holding and shushing it, and putting it to bed in the baby crib so I know she will do fine with that baby doll she already has but as Jeremiah and I walked through the mall we came across a cute alternative to the dolls she already has. There is a new store called Friend 2 be made that is partners with build a bear and they have these cute little dolls that you stuff just like a build a bear. Well that settled it all for us. Jeremiah and I picked out a doll, made our wish for her, and picked out clothes for the doll.
A huge plus I think to this doll is that she is wearing panties not diapers and maybe just maybe it will encourage Samantha to wear some too. We plan on Sending Samantha back to the store with grandma to pick out more outfits for the doll the week following Landon's arrival so she can feel special too. So until then the dolly stays in it's box ready to be brought "home" with Landon especially for Samantha. I hope this works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
She will love it and she will adjsut fine it just takes time try to include her in everything let her help change, burp,rock,binky the baby that also helps them feel special and not left out!!!
I cant wait to meet him :)
Love Your Sister Kelly
Post a Comment