Wednessday morning I returned a missed to call to Jeremiah only to be greeted on the other end by the ER nurse informing me that my husband had had an accidnet and was in the ER. My heart sunk and the tears flowed with no end. After gettting some info and going numb for a few hours I did my VT since I was informed via the nurse that Jeremiah did not want me driving out to where he was. he said he would be home soon.
Reading directly from the hospital report Jeremiah expalins what happend....."I was running #12 wire through the meter main to 110 subpanel. The ground wire fell out of my hand making contact with the 480 buses in the bottom of the panel, completing the circuit and blowing up".
Jeremiah was treated at the Desert Valley hospital in Victorville for burns and released several hours later. He is home. He has 1st & 2nd degree bruns on his face, neck, and both arms. The shirt he was wearing had numerous burns covering it but, I as well as Jeremiah credit the Lord that his chest and torso were not burned. His face looks swollen and his eyes are very red and are the source of most of his pain. His vision was not affected by the burns. \
Wednessday before the good IV drugs wore off he said he would be back at work on Friday, I said we will wait and see but that should give you an idea of how was feeling. He should be back to himself in a few days. We are just thanking our Heavenly Father that he was not in contact with the panel when it blew, things could have been much worse.
our wonderful ward out here in Murrieta has already mobilized and we've had dinner brought to us the last few nights and my friends took Samantha to play at the park for a few hours after Jeremiah came home. Samanth is doing okay she was a little hesitant to get close to Jeremiah when he first came home but after getting back from playing with her friends she was her normal self, tending to daddy's boo boo's with her band-aids ( don't worry she only put them on his legs). These pics are from day 2 of the last 5 days. Tonight I will take some of day 5 so you can see the changes and just to document them for our own personal records.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, Jessica!!! How totally terrifying!!! *HUGS* to you! I think I might have fainted if an ER nurse would have answered Robbies cell. Holy cow! Just thinking about it makes me tear up.
Love ya! xoxo
-Maggie
How scary! And such a testimony builder too, seeing those distinct lines of protection. Here's to a speedy recovery!
Oh my goodness! How scary! It actually looks like he has a really bad sunburn ... that is purple ... with blisters. Ouch. That must be so painful. PS, what ward are you in?
Oh my! How scary! We are so glad that you all are ok!!
Post a Comment