On a much sadder note this was my last big girl day out event with my wonderful friends here in the desert. That is until March when Holly, Margo, and Jen are so nicely still hosting a baby shower for me even though I will no longer live here. I can't think of a group of people that I would rather celebrate the pending birth of our little boy with. So thanks!
Over the last couple years I have really made Indio my home and have broken out of a rut and really made friendships that matter. It's hard sometimes to branch out and put yourself out there to make friends. I know after Samantha was born I had a hard time I felt like I didn't fit in with any one group of people but shortly after I took a chance and let myself open up and make new friends. After high school you have college and then after college you get married and I think that at any point in my life finding true friendships has been the hardest in the married part.
It has been almost 3 years that Jeremiah has been commuting to Orange county or San Diego for work even further sometimes and Samantha and I have been left here to manage. It is the friendships that I have made here that have gotten me through the tough days when I needed a mommy break. Now it is Jeremiah's turn to have a break and get to enjoy being a daddy. This move is mostly for him. He has traveled almost 5 hours round trip everyday for the last 3 years missing out on Halloweens, zoo trips, park days, and bed times. He has been the daddy that is home just in time for story and good night kisses and is gone before anyone wakes up in the morning. This is for him! This move is for our family and more family time!
Thank you all for caring and for your friendship I really truly will miss you all so much. This desert has become home and I don't intend to just forget you all. I promise to come back and visit and HOLLY I promise to come back and scrapbook with you. We will make a point of seeing each other. In the mean time I promise to keep my blog up dated with all our happenings. Feel free to send anyone to it that I didn't get a chance to say good bye to and have them check it out so we can all keep in touch.
Over the last couple years I have really made Indio my home and have broken out of a rut and really made friendships that matter. It's hard sometimes to branch out and put yourself out there to make friends. I know after Samantha was born I had a hard time I felt like I didn't fit in with any one group of people but shortly after I took a chance and let myself open up and make new friends. After high school you have college and then after college you get married and I think that at any point in my life finding true friendships has been the hardest in the married part.
It has been almost 3 years that Jeremiah has been commuting to Orange county or San Diego for work even further sometimes and Samantha and I have been left here to manage. It is the friendships that I have made here that have gotten me through the tough days when I needed a mommy break. Now it is Jeremiah's turn to have a break and get to enjoy being a daddy. This move is mostly for him. He has traveled almost 5 hours round trip everyday for the last 3 years missing out on Halloweens, zoo trips, park days, and bed times. He has been the daddy that is home just in time for story and good night kisses and is gone before anyone wakes up in the morning. This is for him! This move is for our family and more family time!
Thank you all for caring and for your friendship I really truly will miss you all so much. This desert has become home and I don't intend to just forget you all. I promise to come back and visit and HOLLY I promise to come back and scrapbook with you. We will make a point of seeing each other. In the mean time I promise to keep my blog up dated with all our happenings. Feel free to send anyone to it that I didn't get a chance to say good bye to and have them check it out so we can all keep in touch.
5 comments:
OK now I am going to go cry. I am really happy for your family that you will be together so much more. That really is the most important thing. But that won't stop us back here in the desert from licking our wounds!! Just know you are always welcome to come set up day camp at my house and make it your home base whenever you can come into town. :)
So very cute!!! were does Holly find the adorable maternity clothes the shirt is so cute :)
I am counting down the weeks to meet my new nephew little landon!!!!
we love you good luck with the move I will call you this week.
Kelly
you have endured way longer than I have... only a year of a commutting husband. 3 years, YOU'RE A CHAMP! You get the brownie. I will miss you Jessica. I'm so glad that we've gotten to know each other. I wish you well in your new adventure.
Please add me to your shower list, if we are still here in the desert I'd love to come!
*sniff* have a safe and easy move, Jessica.
You are cute prego!!!
Post a Comment