One of Samantha's newest affinities is with "doing the dishes" It does seem to keep her occupied for some amount of time and she usually contains the mess to just the kitchen counter. Most nights when this happens I have to just let it go and pick my battles after all she is pretty cute while stiring her water and mixing her pots.Some cute things she say's......
"Mommy I go to school...I get my pack pack and my purse and my baby and Chloe and ride the bus."
"Daddy go work on tower" or her new one is "Daddy you got to go to work" This usually happens after she has gotten into trouble for something and is done with having daddy around to back up mommy.
"Dinasours on my wall, daddy get them." Where this came from I am not sure but watching Jeremiah stomp into her room and scold the dinasour (SP?)on her wall and tell it to get out is worth what ever imagination that came up with the thought to begin with.
After burping....."I hicoped."
Her recent habit which is most annoying is calling me Jessica and her daddy Jeremiah. I know it is a stage she will grow out of but after the first 3 times it just isn't too cute anymore.
Saturday was busy. We had Kolts birthday party where I took some cute pictures and then left my camera at the house so Chauna I will be coming for my camera today. Then we drove out to Ontario for a wedding. Samantha and Jeremiah danced all night it was so cute and of course I had no camera so this photo is thanks to Jeremiah's camera phone, not too bad. Samantha literally screamed for 20 minutes because we made her stop dancing and get in the car. We weren't home until 10 pm and she was still up and ready to party more.We then spent all day yesterday (Sunday) in Murrieta looking at rentals. Yes, we really are moving this time. Unless for some unforeseen reason the people that have signed the 2 years lease on our house and are planning to move in March 1st jump ship or are abducted we will be leaving the desert. So we went in search for a house to rent. Hopefully we will know by the end of today just where that will be. I am having to come to grips that this desert that has been my home for the last 5 years will after march first become a visiting place and not a living place. At 30 weeks pregnant this is not what a person wants to be doing but as I pack a box and cry a little and pack a few more I try to remind myself of all the positives of being in a place closer to Jeremiah's work. So if I seem to be a little more emotional than the average pregnant woman you will all know why. I came to this desert hating it and I will leave it longing for it's positives like strawberries in February, sun all winter long, the lack of traffic, and all the friends I have made. I will of course think of you all during those long months of heat and feel for you when I experience maybe 3 months of heat.
So that is where we are....packing boxes, looking for a rental, and trying to squeeze in a few more memory making days with our friends who we have come to love like family.
4 comments:
Were you able to get in touch with Andrea about their rental houses?
I'm sad you are going. Thanks for helping me with the curtains this week. Please let me know if I can help you at all while you're trying to get packed. I'll look forward to your visits. Hang in there...
I loved all the cute things that Samantha had to say. Don't you wonder where they come up with half the stuff they think about? And I lOVE that poem about President Hinckley. I might steal it and post it on my blog if that's ok!
Kim, not a problem...I got it from an email that was forwarded to me.
Post a Comment