This little clown wouldn't look at me long enough to get a full view picture. I am proud to say that I wore the same costume when I was her age 24 years ago. What grandma makes never falls apart!!!
OK...... so the part where my life has turned upside down......Jeremiah came home Wednesday night and informed me that he would be starting work in the bay area on Monday, yes just 3 days from now. I laughed and then panicked. We have been trying to sell our house for several months, dropping the price many times with no offers. We were not planing on moving north, we were planing on moving to Temecula or Murrieta. So I asked a million questions one of which was were do you intend for us to stay, which was followed by "call your mom let her know we will be there on Monday". My parents live in Fresno 3 hours south east of the Bay area.
So I have cried, vomited, screamed and come to this conclusion..... we leave on Monday for 2 weeks to my parents house with Jeremiah spending 2-3 days in the Bay and then a night with us and then back. After those 2 weeks we will pray that an offer has been made on our house seeing as we have now dropped it to an unmentionable price and go from there. Probably spending a week in Indio and then a few at my parents until the house sells.
For the last 2 1/2 years Jeremiah has worked for his dad in the family business and for the last 2 1/2 years I have learned that nothing is permanent and that everyday brings something new. For a girl who used to have life planned out 2 weeks in advance, packed for a vacation a week before leaving, and never went on the spur of the moment with anything this has been my challenge. The last few years have taught me not to immediately freak out and to just appreciate that no matter where Jeremiah is working at the end of the night he wants to be with his family whether that is here in Indio or in a hotel across the country being with family is what matters. I have told myself that I am not going to say good bye just yet because I never know what tomorrow brings. I will keep you all posted and try to keep up with our blog so when we're away we can still keep in touch.
2 comments:
Wow! Now that you have told the world it seems so real. I guess you are truly leaving us. Chloe will really miss Sammy. I hate that this is happening, but I truly do wish you the best and I hope your house sells too, for your sakes.
Hang in there Jessica! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hate it when people would say, "It will all work out" because I would think "What if it doesn't!!!" But as you can see from my experience this past year, it did "all work out" Who would've thought that you'd be living in the bay area and I'd be staying here??? Weird huh?
Post a Comment