Friday, October 19, 2007

Slap attack


So I have known for a while now that Samantha was in the terrible two stage but yesterday just confirmed it. After a trip to the groceries store we came home and Samantha watched "shows" and I proceeded to put away groceries. Then the dreaded realization hit me.....she was silent and that can only mean one of two things she is sleeping or doing something naught. It was of course the later. I found her lathered head to toe in baby sunscreen, you know the stuff that is as thick as desitin. I stayed calm, I didn't scream, I just took it away and started to use wipes to clean her up. Well apparently that was just not acceptable to her because as I wiped she screamed at the top of her lungs all while hitting and kicking me as I wiped her down. After a few slaps across the arm I gave up the urge to punish, spank, or give time out and started thinking about where she had learned to hit and scream. She calmed down read a book with me and went down for a nap and all I could think about was how I had lead her astray. I have to say though that we do not spank often, just the occasional really naughty behavior brings it out, most of the time we use time out, but the pregnant mom in me has brought out screaming at her when I can't get through to her. So I had to just let her get her rage out and not punish her because I feel like I have not taught her better. This terrible two stage has left me wondering where I have gone wrong and how to fix her before I end up paying for her therapy 20 years from now.

1 comment:

Tera said...

Her hair looks red - seriously red. Is it, or is it just the light? How cute!