Saturday, September 20, 2008

Never forgotten

*****Disclaimer, Kelly do not read this I know you are not ready ******

Tomorrow is the two year anniversary of the day you left us Poppi, if I had it my way you would have lived long enough to see all your great grandchildren born. It pains me to know that they may never know you. I wish they would all have a chance to experience the safety of your warm, firm, embrace. They will never take a Sunday afternoon trip out to see you feed your blue jay on the back porch. They will not hear you chastise them for putting wrapping paper in the fire, you can take the chief out of the line of duty but you can't take the chief out of the man. They wont hear the stories of your life told by you. Instead they will hear them from me. They will know of the American hero you were, how you gave of your life to serve our country, they will know about how you were a stalwart fire Chief. they will know how patient, long suffering, kind, funny, sweet, and true you were. They will know of your love because I will share it with them. I pray that they all get to see you before they enter this life. I pray that your memory will be tucked some where in their premortal life. I pray that I will do you justice in finishing your legacy. You may be gone but you are never forgotten.



all my love forever and always !

1 comment:

The Max Family said...

I cant say much right now Jessica the pain is still to fresh even two years later I cant seem to get past his loss in my life no matter how hard I try. Thank you for you post I was just looking through the girls books last night to see ig Karlie remebered him and of course she said thats" my grandpa emil" I was in tears, now words to comfort my loss.

Thank you for your post and memories of him,I hope time will heal my pain but Its still to fresh for me.

Kelly