Friday, September 14, 2012

~18 months~

Luke Griffin Wilson
99% for weight, height, and head.
My dear sweet baby turned 1 1/2 the end of August and he deserves his own post about all the wonderful/awful things he does!!
  • Luke STILL does not talk!  I spend many nights worrying about him for this reason but I am told by all the experts not to worry seeing as how he understands all of what is said to him and he responds visually to all verbal commands.  I would still love to hear a "ma ma or da da" it would rest my worried mind.
  • Luke however empties a roll of toilet paper, climbs the stove, empties the dishwasher, runs away to the neighbors, empties a dozen eggs onto the carpet, colors on himself with markers, and beats up on his siblings all in a matter of seconds.....I can never turn around for a minute without him doing something dangerous or naughty.  I have never had a child quite like Luke!  Life is never boring and if I didn't stop to photograph these occasions I think I would be crying all day. I have just found it easier to laugh than to scream and cry.  
  • Luke loves rocking out to music.
  • Yes he still sleeps in a crib and sucks on a paci..... and you know what that is ok after all he is my last baby so just back off if you disagree:)
  • Luke does wave, high five, and blow kisses.
  • He is learning to use a fork to feed himself.
  • He is getting a little picky about his veggies but LOVES all meat and fruit.
  • His feet are HUGE! wearing an 7/8.
  • Luke has 16 teeth but still no "I" teeth. 
  • Thankfully you are doing great with babysitters much to mama's relief.....I need me some adult time!! 
  • Your transition to nursery was seamless much like your big sister.....you do tend to take after her developmentally which is nice.
  • The last week you have slept ALL night JOY!!!!
Luke I love you so very much.  You are the perfect compliment to our little family and a joy to all who meet you.  I promise to keep on loving you even when you give me that cheesy smile when I tell you NO and you know your being naughty!  I can't believe that 2 is just around the corner. 

No comments: