Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sweet Karlie

My sweet nice Karlie is very sick it is not clear yet what is causing her illnesses but it is quiet possibly cancer. She is waiting for an appointment with the oncologist. We are trying not to get to get ahead of ourselves until she is able to see more doctors but in the mean time over the next several days Karlie is still sick and she still needs all the prayers she can get. Karlie is not eating or drinking much and runs a constant fever. My dear sister already has so much on her plate and is now trying to keep herself busy and not think about what might be. We have let her know she will not face the road ahead alone....we will lift from where we stand in our own family and the Lord will carry her. I'm asking if you know my sister or if you just know me and care please keep Karlie and the rest of the Max family in your prayers.
I know we all have trials we face in our lives and only the Lord knows why...it is hard to walk by faith but that is all we have right now faith that we will make it through, faith that the Lord hears our prayers, faith that we will be able to deal with the Lords will what ever that may be. It amazes me the reservoirs of strength that we each have inside of us that we are unaware of until our lives demand that we use them to press forward. I know that my Savior lives. I know that he endured all so that we might have him as our companion as we walk through this life and overcome our weaknesses. I know that he makes up the difference for us. I know that there is a Prophet who directs the Lords work on this earth today. I know that as we loose ourselves in serving others we find ourselves and we feel the love of our Savior.
I am not perfect when I heard the news about Karlie I will admit I was ANGRY, angry with the Lord...how could he do this....how could he try my sister with one more thing, didn't she already have enough....why does it have to be little Karlie or any little child for that matter. I went to bed and then I woke up with a NEW attitude ...Lets get to work; what needs to be done, how can I help my family, and most importantly one of humility. I am not angry with the Lord today....today I realize and KNOW that he has a plan for each of us.

2 comments:

Aubrey Leong said...

I am so sorry. I hope she'll be alright! We'll keep her in our prayers!

Jennifer said...

That is so sad. I think I have more sympathy for those going through things with their kids after my recent experience.