Monday, November 24, 2008

Late night ER trip

So after our long day on Saturday full of coughing, birthday parties, and relaxing Samanth made a routine event into a long night at the ER. Her and daddy often make popcorn together and of course daddy can't do it simply so they have to use the loose kernals that you pop in a pan or in a popcorn machine well sinc we do not have the later they use the stove. Samanth usually sits on the counter next to daddy and watches the popcorn pop. So this particular night as daddy took the pan off the stove to pour the popcorn into a bowl Samantha decided to walk accros the stove and stepped directly onto the grate covering the burners and there went our peacful night in. Having just burnt himself back in July Jeremiah knew what kind of pain Samantha was in and quickly started to get everyone dressed and out the door to urgent care for some stronger pain killers than we had on hand. Who would think that at 7pm on a Saturday night the urgent care would be closed....off to the ER it was. Not wanting Landon to spend hours in a contaminated ER we started making phone calls and it was one of those nights when NO one was home. Finally Jeremiahs mother Nancy drove up from Fallbrook and took Landon home and put him to bed. Our wonderful bishop met us at the ER to help Jeremiah administer in a blessing on Samanthas behalf. After about an 3 hours of screaming below is a happy Samantha sitting on a bed in the hall of the hospital 2nd degree brun on her foot, with princess stickers waiting to see the Dr. who gave her a routine of Tylenol with Codine and Silvadean cream which we are all too familuer with and sent us home. Today is Monday and Samantha is bouncing off the walls like nothing ever happend. In the midst of all this Landon had his first babysitter...yes it was grandma but that didn't stop me from having Jeremiah call a couple times to chek up on him. I just had to let someone else care for him that night. I had no other choice, Samantha needed me more. This was a new experiance for me having to asses one childs needs over the other is something I have not really had to do up to now it was a very strange feeling. My mind was with Samantha keeping her calm and I knew Landon was okay. you'd never know she was crying and shaking so hard that she almost threw up just hours before this picture was taken.

4 comments:

Aubrey Leong said...

Oh my...what a night! I'm glad she's okay!!

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh! Glad she is okay now. Kids are so much tougher than us whimpy adults. haha.

Jennifer said...

That is aweful! I'm glad she's OK! I totally understand why you didn't make it to the baby shower! We missed you though!

Tera said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I've been in the hospital with the kids late at night (when Sean was out of town, of course). It's so hard when your kids are hurting and there is nothing you can do. I'm glad she is much better.