As I was sitting on the floor last night at the foot of Samantha's bed at 10:30 p.m. I had one of those mommy revelations that I am screwing my kid up. For months since I got pregnant and then proceeded to get morning sickness and then the holidays I have neglected my daughters much needed routine. Park days have been forgotten, the library has not been visited, and to my horror I realized I often forget to ensure Samantha has a bath every night. But the biggest failure is that since Jeremiah started leaving on these long work trips I have allowed Samantha to stay up late and then to go to sleep in our bed on her daddy's side of the bed. Well daddy came home after 4 days out of town late Friday night and we quietly slipped Samantha into her own bed and she woke up in the morning with out a huge fuss but then Saturday night rolled around and she wanted to sleep with mommy an hour and half later she was finally asleep and I have vowed to try to change. SO........ tonight we are starting our bedtime with bath at 7:30 and then off to the bedroom at 8 in hopes that the arguing and pleading and one more drink bit will be over by 9 and I can actually have some time with my loving husband who I am sure will be out of town again on Monday.
I will take Samantha to the Library on Tuesdays for story time and to the park and I will ensure she gets bathed at least every other night and I will try to get her back to the independent little girl who confidently went to sleep in her own bed every night before mommy became a pregnant slacker. Oh how many times can I fail her :(
On a lighter note we had a fun Saturday together as a family. We helped the Flores family move and went to dinner with the Smiths and had some hot tub time at their house and it was really a fun day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll start by saying that I love your M&M's background. Chocolate, yeah! Anyway, I just want to say that you need to not worry so much about ruining your daughter! I think you are a great mom and I think it's good to reevaluate things, but don't beat yourself up over it. She will learn to do all those things again. I was feeling bad about the same kind of things when Kyle was gone all the time. It's really hard to keep everything going when your husband is out of town. You have the added challenge of being pregnant. I'm proud of you for committing to the park and library and bedtime- those things really make a difference with Ammon too.
Post a Comment