Friday, August 16, 2013

So cal trip

•An hour into our drive Luke got sick and one by one day by day so did everyone else but me;)

• We we're able to make it out to Indio; visit with friends and check on our house.  It was a strange feeling being in our old home, took a little bit to orient ourselves.  Surely don't miss the heat or the lack of greenery but I miss our friends and I enjoy all the memories we were able to make in those 5 years.

•We watched the sunset and had dinner on the pier in Oceanside with Jeremiah's parents.  The kids were entertained by all the people fishing on the pier.


• Monday we hung at the beach with our Wilson cousins and Aunt Lisa which resulted in me looking like a lobster.  The kids all took turns crashing in the waves with daddy.



Luke was kind of mad in this picture because it wasn't his turn to go out in the ocean with daddy.

I love watching my kids play with their cousin's; I have such fun memories of spending summers with my cousins and I'm glad they will have that too. 
On Tuesday we were able to meet up with my sister and her family and my mom who were vacationing in San Diego and we all went to Sea World.
I love being an aunt and I've got some pretty amazing nieces and nephews I only wish I could see all of them as much as I see Jen's kids. 
Julia and Grandma Nancy came with us too...... it was one big party and we stayed until the park closed.  Of course my phone/camera died half way through the day so I don't have pictures of all the fun.
Oh and don't let me forget to tell you how I was the most awesome mom and took one for the team by sitting with my crazy daughter in the splash zone for the last shamu show of the night.  YEP we got soaked although Samantha had a trash bag on so she didn't have to drive home smelling like salt water and fish, NOPE that was me.  The things I do for my kids. 

IT WAS A GREAT SUMMER!!

No comments: