Sunday, July 1, 2012

Last week of First grade

Samantha met her Accelerated Reading goal and so she and the other kids at her school who also met their goals were able to spend an afternoon roller skating.  We are very proud of the little book worm that Samantha has become this year!
I was able to go for a little bit which was a good thing because Samantha had never roller skated before and was VERY unsteady on her wheels.  I couldn't help snapping a picture of her on her toosh, she has gotten better now and even celebrated her birthday at the same location(blog post to come).
The boys and I took Samantha cake to school on her birthday which always seems to coincide with the last week of school.  It was a fun day!  I asked her if I should bring cupcakes or something like that and she insisted that I make the cake that I brought to school.  So like any good mom I did.
Samantha eating her cake with the rest of her class. 

Last day of first grade!
After school with her friends; Bella and Taylor. 

And  big hung from Morgan
Samantha with her Teacher Mrs. Stillman, we really loved her.  This was also her very last day of school also, she retired after 38 years of teaching.  I am so very grateful for the love of learning that she planted in Samantha.

No comments: