When I first saw this picture after I had taken it I almost wanted to cry....those long legs, beautiful face, long red hair none of those things say baby girl....nope you are just my girl, not my little girl or my baby girl (even though I still call you baby girl) You are growing up Ms. Samantha and I don't know what to do about it???
At home opening presents with the boys and mama.
Grandma Nancy and grandpa Cecil gave her a Brave doll because it reminded them of her.
This is the cake I threw together to take to her school for her birthday, wish she would have given me more notice but it's still ok looking.
Jeremiah and I decided last fall that Samantha could get her ears pierced for her birthday after being asked. She really had no fear, a little anxious and giggly but all in all she did just fine.
Here she is after both ears had been done, see the smile!!
Daddy was gone working on Samantha's birthday so I got a babysitter for the boys and had a girls night with Samantha after getting her ears pierced.
We stopped at Baskin Robins for some ice cream and I was snapping pictures of Samantha which inspired the silly girl to smash her mouth in her chocolate ice cream for a funny picture. Only Samantha.....well and maybe her cousin Marin, that's where she gets the silliness from.
Showing off some of the earrings she got.
Samantha,
You are one of the greatest gifts the Lord has ever given mommy. I know I wasn't too excited about having a teenage girl someday but I never imagined how much fun having a silly 7 year old would be. You love it when we turn up the music and rock out in the car or when we get to spend just mommy and Samantha time together. You are spontaneously silly which puts a big smile on my face. I love that you have really developed a liking for reading, I enjoy laying in bed with you at night reading or just talking. You do at times have your melt downs or give me a bit of an attitude but you know what's right and you do what's right even when your not asked to. You are always a big helper around the house, your the first to do your chores and then ask to go spend the money you earned at the book store. I love cheering you on at what ever it is your in to; be it school art, soccer, or ballet I am your biggest fan kiddo and always will be. Thank you for loving life and doing what's right!!!
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment