Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cleaning house and working on projects

It seems like I have started the last 2 weeks off with cleaning sprees, so at what point is all this productivity considered a burst of energy. It's not just the everyday cleaning that I put off on a daily basis but it's things like vacuuming under beds, washing all the rugs, cleaning the stove top, and decluttering rooms in the house. I have also printed out maps of local places for the grandmas and taped them to the desk so they don't get lost when they are here. I have made valentines decorations for the house and purchased all the supplies for valentines for Samantha's class. The baby clothes are cleaned and the diapers are stocked up on. I have yet to pack a hospital bag because....well I just never have packed one this early. I have not succeeded in potty training Landon but we have gotten him to sleep in his own bed. I think this could be considered a burst of energy but it also could just be a mom of two who knows that her kids lives will be turned upside down in a few weeks, who knows that if she can keep things as normal as possible for them that maybe their melt downs will be fewer. When schedules and norm get interrupted my kids begin to melt down. They know that daddy is out of town often but a night or 2 without mom might send them into a tail spin. In the world of a 5 year old if mom forgets to send something to school it is considered a catastrophe. I pray this little man comes soon and that all goes well, and I hope with all my might that my two big kids will roll with the punches when it all turns upside down. Pray for us!

No comments: