Thursday, October 28, 2010

Samantha

There are pictures coming I promise but first I have to get my husband to download them off his phone and get our friend Josh to email me the others but needless to say we had our first real family vacation last week. The kind where we pay for everything no parental help, where Jeremiah gets PTO (that has never happened), the kind where you shell out hundreds of dollars to see your children's faces light up when you tell them...we're going to Disneyland. YEP that we did!!

But first a little story of homework....since we would be gone for 8 days Samantha had to do Independent study during our trip, which was truly simple for her. I don't think she is very challenged in kindergarten. On of the papers she was working on was a letter "T" writing and sound kind of thing. She was supposed to draw a picture of 2 things that started with the letter "T". She came up with tiger easily then had to think for a few minutes and came up with this jewel....a Temple. Love this girl....she can be such a simple thinker most days but then she catches you out of no where with just how much she is soaking up. Jeremiah and I told her a Temple was a great letter "T" picture to draw and then explained to her that she might need to tell her teacher what it was. To which she replied duh mommy that's where people get married. Well good enough for me, if she lives her entire life thinking that Temples are the only places people can get married then I have accomplished that much and can die happy.

1 comment:

Granma Nancy said...

What a joy to have Samantha as a grandaughter!!! She has such great parents. She knows that she is a Daughter of Heavenly Father, who loves her, and she love Him.
I would love to have been there to hear her tell her teacher about the temple.
Love, Granma Nancy