


We hopped on a train Saturday morning and headed out of town to check out possible moving locations. I was a little nervous about riding the train, I don't really like mass transit situations at all. I like to be in control of what ever vehicle I am in, for fear of crashing, falling out of the sky, or just plain dieing. I know it's silly. After our trip I am happy to say that I am okay with train rides. The kids were free to move around, there were cozy chairs, clean toilets, and a dinning car for what ever our tummies might need.
Stop #1 JELLY BELLY FACTORY

Stop #2 SUTTERS FORT




Thanks to this demonstration Landon now walks around the house saying; 1,2,3.....FIRE IN THE HOLE


The grounds around Sutters fort have a couple ponds that are home to very friendly ducks, toads, and turtles.



Sutters Fort under attack by a couple of pint size kids.

Stop #3 Sacramento Temple
(not really in Sacramento, in Rancho Cordoba)



The grounds of the temple are so beautiful, much like any mini temple I have been to. The kids had fun exploring and it was nice to have a little bit of a spiritual experience as we were going about our Sunday.

Stop #4 Sacramento Zoo


Thought this was cute it looks like the fish is going to kiss him.


We made several other little side trips checking out local parks, driving around different cities to check out their appeal, We had dinner with Jeremiah's cousin and his wife, found the American river and I was happy to see that the great outdoors didn't mean a curvy road up a mountain but better yet a 10-15 min car ride across town. Over all we have a great time and packed a lot of fun into 3 days. We don't get to vacation; cruises, week long trips, exotic locations they aren't in the budget nor will they be in the foreseeable future but spending time exploring new places with the people I love and building memories is priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment