Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Berri Picking

Thursday we went to Riley's Farm up in Oak Glen about an hour drive and got away from it all. Riley's Farm is beautiful. There are many buildings that seem frozen in colonial beauty; bakery, gift shop, all brimming with visions of the past. We could have stayed all day had it not been so hot and had Amy and I brought our hubbies along for the ride.
Have you ever seen such a beautiful strawberry?
Samantha really enjoys these opportunities that are abundant around us to harvest mother natures bounty from pumpkins to blueberries we are blessed.



Landon even got in on the action running free down the rows.
However that is not joy from raspberries, we have found a fruit he does not like. No this ecstatic smile is just our Landon. He brings So much joy into our lives especially at I time like now when I would like to crawl in a hole. We are going through much the same things we went through last fall with work and money and it really is NO fun so I have to force myself to find times like these to enjoy my kids and all there heavenly beauty inside and out.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

what a beautiful place!

Keechler said...

It's times like these that we really need to stop and reconize all that nature has to offer. There is so much to do for very little if you look hard enough. Good luck!