
So today started much like any other Friday meeting up with our play group to pick blue berries in wine country. It was very normally warm for June but not normal for the past few weeks of June gloom that we have been experiencing. **Notice Samantha's VERY long hair.

Samantha and her friend Kenley discussing the size of their berries.

The little farm was very cute, each child was given a bucket along with verbal instructions about how to pick the berries and what color to look for. A few berries got tossed out along the way because of there color or lack there of and many ended up in Landon's mouth.

Kenley picking berries *Notice the length of Kenley's hair.

Landon on a Blue Berri high!

The next picture I feel so so much sorrow over. Partly I feel responsible...in preschool they emphasise getting your child used to using scissors and so I will admit that her little child safe scissors are in a very accessible location and secondly I feel bad because I was in my room taking a break from Dora the Explorer and getting in some precious Twilight reading. The fact's are that I can down stairs to check on her and answer the phone and while hanging up noticed the fact that half of her hair was CHOPPED off. The before picture is on my cell phone but below is all I could manage to save. It is still very lop sided and will be for a few months I assume but I just could bring myself to cut more off.

Why the cutting of ones hair has to be a right of passage is beyond me but it seems that most little girls do it and some point. All the sudden she went from looking much older than a 4 year old to now looking closer to 3, I am SO SAD. In her defense she has been telling me for weeks that she wants to look like her friend Kenley. I just never dreamed she would take matters into her own hands.
7 comments:
It is a "right" of passage for a mother, too:-)
tDMg
Kathryn
oh yes karlie has done this 2 times once at about 2 1/2 with jaged scrap book sisc, and then just last week at age 5 1/2.
we went to moms on Monday to have her cut karlies bangs and we went home the next morning I pulled Karlies hair in a rubber band and these side hairs kept falling down I thouh what on earth is this I took her hair out of the ponny and looked and she looks as thouigh she has some bangs that are in the mix of growing out about the lenght of her ears on both sides. I asked her what happened she said" I was styling my hair, and the hair is on your bedroom floor
:( uggggh It looks cute on her jess and it will grow back :)
love your sister kelly
Oh that is sad...but she still is so cute. I know how long it takes to grow out that hair to have it chopped! Thanks for the reminder...I have kid scissors everywhere and I need to be more careful...because the day will shortly come I fear!
oh how that story sounds ALL TOO FRAMILIAR! Brooklyn did the same thing in September - and I LOVED having her hair long. I try to imagine how long it would have been now - and I get upset all over again so I try not to think about it. What's done is done and Samantha does look cute with short hair (I know that doesn't really matter right now) but she does.
Oh, I know how you feel. I was crushed when Caelan cut off a section of her bangs. I had to cut extra bangs to hide the big hole. YIKES!
I think she looks darling. Just be glad it wasn't the bangs. My dad was watching my Samantha when she was about 4 years old and she got one of those round brushes stuck in top of her hair. She started crying and my dad could not get it out. He could'nt take it anymore and cute it out. My 4 year old daughter had a mo hawk for month's
oh gosh, this brings back horrible memories of Hayley cutting her hair! (it's still not funny to me to this day) thank your lucky starts that she didnt cut it to the scalp ... on the entire ride side of her head like Hayley did when she was 4 years old! just ask jeremiah, he might remember her mullet! what is it about that age and cutting your own hair?
Post a Comment