So I have decided that being a mom is never easier you think ,Oh this will get better she will get older, do things for herself, wipe her own bum, feed herself, dress herself, walk into primary on her own...........................well I was wrong! Tonight it was a melt down over her friends telling her that they were older than her, from there it was an avalanche of tears and hysteria. How do I teach my little girl not let things hurt her when she is only 4? How do I let her know that yes; she is not the oldest, yes she has orange hair, yes she is not the fastest, or the strongest but she is still GREAT! How do I teach her that all those little differences make her SO VERY SPECIAL! It's hard because all the sudden I have to worry about her "older friends" yes they are only 4-5 but they have big siblings, they go to school, and they do and say things that hurt her. Oh how I love her so much and she can hurt so deeply...she is a very emotional girl and I don't consider myself overly emotional so I don't quite know what to say other than I love you and I think you are great and tell mommy when your friends are being mean so I can kick their butts! Okay so maybe not the last part but the mama bear really comes out in me when someone hurts her!!!!!
So here I find myself in this new stage of mommyhood trying to build my daughters confidence and teach her that YES girls can be stronger than boys, what the difference between a lie and the truth is, and what it does to people when you say hurtful word to them. GOSH who knew 4 could be so hard and technically she's not 4 for 10 more days!

2 comments:
I soooo sympathize with you!! It kills me to see any of my girls be hurt in any way! Abbi, my oldest will be going to 1st grade next year...a whole day, everyday away from me. I hope and pray every day that they will be alright:) And happy! And safe!!! It's nice to know you are in the same boat!
Unfortunately you never stop worrying and there is always some new drama to conquer, but your an awesome mom and you'll do great through it all. Tel Samantha sticks and stones may break her bones, but names will never hurt her.
Post a Comment