We have had a busy couple of weeks but I have not gotten around to posting all the cute pictures from them. Jeremiah has been working in Las Vegas during the week these past two weeks and will leave again tonight for a third week. Unfortunately that is just where the work is right now. I guess we are all feeling the sting of this market change or what ever you call it in our own way for us it is daddy being out of town.
I have retreated to my parents house in Clovis CA for some much needed help, although I must say that both children were angels the first week daddy was gone and we were at home alone. So as soon as I found the sanctuary of my parents house with both sisters just minutes away Landon decided that he would be 1. Constipated, 2. He has developed what everyone that is around him at night says is Colic, and 3. He is constantly grunting in his sleep and keeping me up wondering if he is okay. SO while I have had more help this past week than I could have dreamed of I am still a little worse for wear because tomorrow we drive home and I get to do it alone for the next four days.
For those of you who have experiance with Colic please share your suggestions and tricks. I kinda braced myself for this possiblility when I knew Landon would be a boy because studies have shown colic is more common in boys but when we made it the first three weeks beautifuly I thought we were in the clear.... HA was I fooled. I still can't help but love this little guy but I hate not knowing how to calm him.
We have had much fun this week with my sisters and their children. Samantha has been throughly entertained and she has learned how to jump on the trampoline and gotten to go swimming and we even made it to the local growers street fair Friday night and she danced with daddy to the local musicians and had fun in the bounce house with cousins. Oh forgot to mention that Jeremiah flew here to Fresno from Vegas Friday night because it was cheap and that way he could have a long weekend with us here before going back.
So that is our past few weeks. Sorry now pictures until I get back home but then there will be a plethora for you to oogle at.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gas Drops - that is my advice (Simethicone drops - or something like that). You can get them in the medicine section near stomach products at any store. The generic work just as good as the expensive kind (well, at least on my kids). They help a lot. Also, start paying attention to what you eat. If he gets really cranky one night, think about what you ate that day. Caelan was always really bad when I ate chocolate (it was a real bummer) and broccoli and onions. I've known some people who couldn't eat much dairy because it would wreak havoc on their babies tummies. Anyway, there's some advice from me. Good luck.
Ditto to the dittos. Mylicon drops seem to work on my little ones when they have gas. As for the grunting thing, I have to move them farther away from my bed so that I can not hear them as well, which is a bummer because you do worry about whether or not they are ok. I always tell my self, I have survived this before, I will survive it again. :)
Ditto 3x to what everyone said. My prayers are with you. Colic is the worst- but the best part is that... you know it ends! (Well sooner or later) :)
ANY type of white noise helped a lot at our house. Ethan moastly fell asleep to the sound of a blow dryer, vacuum, rain cd,fan, or car. Good luck and may the force be with you!
Hi!!! I have not talked to you in forever!!! i just reading your blog and this sounds just like Tyler!!! He is now 2 and a half, but still the same... not as constipated, but still has a hard time sleeping through the night!! It does get better, we were scared that Kaitlyn would have the same problems, luckily she didn't!!
How are you??!!
Well you can check us out at www.lindseyandjake.com
Post a Comment