Last weekend as I was anxiously waiting for Luke's appointment with the Audiologist on Wednesday I began to see little signs from Luke that he might be getting yet a 4th ear infection this year. The little naggings on my mommy heart just weren't going to be quieted until I took him in to get checked out. So I dropped #1 & #2 off at work with daddy while he wrapped up his day and drove up the hill with #3 to Kaiser. I was pleasantly surprised when his ears turned out clear and relived all at once. We've started him on some allergy meds which seem to be helping.
Wednesday Luke and I finally found a place to park in the ginormous parking structure at exactly 10:43 giving me 2 minutes to book it to the correct office building. If you've been to Kaiser in Roseville you will understand that this is no small feet with some 10+ buildings on the "Campus" thankfully there were a few happy faces to help point in the right direction as I ran.
Luke's Audiologist was simply AMAZING, it helped that she was a mom too! Her exam of Luke's ears was very through and we proceeded into the booth where my heart kind of ran away with my emotions. Sound after sound, word after word Luke continued to show that his ears work perfectly. I wanted to burst into tears. For many months I've been worried about this precious little boy, I've lots a great deal of sleep wondering what could be the "problem". The problem was there was no problem he can HEAR, there is no fluid in his ears and no scaring from the ear infections. His speech therapist, audiologist and myself have concluded for now that his speech delay is probably the result of many ear infections during crucial language forming periods of development.
We are pressing forward with Speech and Luke keeps showing great improvement! Even today as he was crying and needy from the stomach flu my heart found joy in the fact that over and over again he cried for "mom" and "daddy". Again and again this little guy has taught me to never quiet my mothers intuition, never let others diminish my concern, and to keep going until I get answers. He may never be a terribly vocal kid but he is strong, he is loved, and he is special!
1 comment:
SO.... Glad TO HEAR ALL TURNED OUT WELL, love you luke ;)
Post a Comment