Another year older and wiser too
I'm not so sure if that line applies to me but I age just the same. I spent my birthday doing much of the normal, got kids up and off to school, worked, checked emails, and answered question about PTA stuff. I was lucky enough to come home to find that Jeremiah had done all the laundry and bought me these beautiful flowers. His acts of kindness were all I really needed but they were topped off by Samantha baking me a cake and everyone singing happy birthday to me. This past year I decided to go back to college, it has been rewarding to dust off my brain and put it to work in new ways. I am finishing up my last few months as PTA president at the boys school and look forward to carrying a full load of credits next semester and using the added time to focus on me a little. The older the kids get the more things change. I am still very much needed by them but in different ways and the struggles we face in parenting them makes me miss the days of Cheerios and play-dates at the park. Those days were full of mindless tasks and while mothering still requires many mindless tasks I know find it requires advanced negotiation, counseling, and organizational skills. These demands make it even more pressing to have time to clear my mind and quiet the outside world so I can be acutely focused for the next need. I've never been a great journal writer but as my babies grew this blog was and has been an outlet and a way to put my thoughts down. So today I begin again. A few years of photos are missing and I'll have to do my best to archive them as time permits but going forward I figure if my laptop is always out to do school work it can take 10-15 minutes now and then to record whats happening in our lives. So here's my birthday wish to be able to make record of our journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment