Thursday, February 5, 2015

Mourn with those that mourn

Last week was emotional; but peaceful all at the same time.  I'm a fearful person, I'm often waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I'd like to say i'm working on that but on many occasions that fear takes over.  So as life is peaceful and kids are healthy, and husband has good job, kids are progressing in school....I'm still wondering what awful trial will come next.

This past week I have been blessed to have the opportunity of mourning with those that mourn and comforting those who stand in need of comfort.  These are promises I made to The Lord when I was baptized a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ other Latter Day Saints.  Promises that are not always at the fore front of my mind.  I had a friend that needed advise about a martial problem, Jeremiah's great grandpa was hospitalized and we all had a few hours there where we thought we would loose him, and I had a beautiful niece who was faced with a hard choice.  I love being a listening ear to these people, they are my family!  On Sunday this thought entered my mind... you are blessed, you served The Lord, you were his arms and ears here on earth.

While I know life will not always be peaceful I am thankful for the understanding and faith that is gained in the not so calm times because it helps me to bless the lives of others and give me greater understanding and empathy .

No comments: