Monday, October 6, 2014

We woke up early for family prayer today, 6:20 am is early for most of us but it went well.  I've been able to get some much done because of waking up early and I fought off that urge to lay in bed and look at facebook, instead I pulled up the scriptures on my phone and got to reading.

I've know for a while that I haven't been doing all those things that I know I should to nurture my spirit.  lets face it sometimes being a mom just takes over; but that doesn't mean i don't have time because I have time.  I have time to watch TV on my tiny little iphone in a quiet little corner of the house where the children can't find me so of course I have time to open my scriptures a read a chapter.  I mean come on it's just 1 chapter, it's just a couple prayers, it's just a date night to the temple.... but I haven't' been taking the time to do these things and i FEEL it.

I'm drowning, dog paddling through my days and there are a great deal of things that need my attention and there are problems to solve like how to get Landon to go to school in the morning without crying.  How can I expect to find solutions to these problems if I'm just dog paddling, if my spiritual lamp is low way LOW.  I know whats right, I know who I am and whose I am, I know all the things I should be doing I mean heck we go to church EVERY Sunday.  I'm getting that much right but it's not enough.

So we are off to a good start today and I am off to a good start and I just pray that I'll keep it up!  It's all about choices, there really is not any particular thing standing in the way of me doing what I know is right and good.

No comments: