Friday, June 10, 2011

Samantha's {under the sea} birthday party




Well the party kind of got rained in.... didn't really expect rain the first weekend in June but rain it did so instead of pools, squirt guns, and water balloons I had to scramble to come up with things for 6 little girls to do indoors.
Mermaid Cake....my secret is fruit flavored tootsie rolls and starburst candies....i do not like the taste of fondant so I rarely use it. Love traditional butter cream frosting and have gotten to the point where I can make it blindfolded.

The girls played dress up.
We had fish PB&J sandwiches and goldfish crackers in every flavor.
Some of the decor....
As I sat cutting these mermaid out one by one my husband called me a crazy over achieving woman...... yep I like to make birthday's special for my kids I try to stay to a tight budget which means a lot of time spent making things and not a lot of money spent.

Happy Birthday Samantha we love you very much

1 comment:

Aubrey Leong said...

Very cute!!! I love the cake and the mermaid details!! I'm sure the girls had a blast!