See the super hairy leg.
Landon is perfectly happy with the new addition to our family, he loves to give kisses and make faces at brother.
I got lots of love from my two big kids, they brought me my favorite yellow roses.
Let's just say that apparently the last birth just must HAVE to be interesting and different because nothing about Luke's arrival was "norm" for me. It started with having 2 conflicting due dates; the first was Feb. 13th and the second Feb. 21. I was certain of the dates and positive that Feb. 13th was the right date but doctors and all their special calculations wouldn't listen. So Feb. 13th came and went with no willingness on my doctors part to induce labor. February 21st then came and went with a scheduled induction date for the 24th. We got all ready and woke up at 3 am Thursday morning went down to the hospital only to find that the crazy weather had brought in every pregnant lady in town. I was put in a bed in the hall until a room opened up for me to labor in, until that time they wouldn't start my Pitocin. Three hours later and the head nurse comes by to tell us there is no room and we will need to go home and try again tomorrow, I cried a lot and tried to just get some more sleep at home. Friday we woke up and called the hospital to make sure that there was a room for us. A wonderful labor nurse named Pam is now my hero because she snatched up a room and refused to let it go to anyone until I came. My Pitocin was started at 10am, water broke about 1, and what should have been my saving grace the wonderful Epidural came at 2. I noticed right away something not right.....I had feeling in places I shouldn't......my left side had no response to the drug at all and my right very minimal. Many attempts were made by the anesthesiologist to fix the problem but nothing helps. I even had my very first does ever of IV pain killers these also made little difference. It might as well have been a totally natural labor because nothing was taking away my pain. Thankfully that wonderful point came where the only way to get through the pain was to push and push I did. I wonderfully short 15 minutes later Luke arrived....who to my horror was a chunky 9 pounds. I will be paying for all 9 pounds of chubby goodness for much longer than the standard 6 weeks, thankfully he is so stinking cute or I might just have a melt down about the damage done to my body. Luke came out covered in hair with long nails and very dry skin, all signs that he had been over baked and was overdue. We spent a short 24 hours in the hospital and have been home for a few days now. Aside from the fact that my body wasn't exactly ready to keep up with the feeding demands of a 9 pound baby all is going well. Hopefully in time I will be able to keep up with his appetite.
4 comments:
Wow he was a big baby!! Glad he is here and healthy, Karlie says she thinks he looks like landon? Then she said I am mean because I wont give her a baby like that to hold hahahah Yah no we are done and I told her I have to focus on her health not a new baby! she is tiered of being sick its getting her down.
Kelly Max
Congratulations! He is just beautiful!
Congratulations! Luke is a beautiful baby boy!
Wow good job mama!! Congrats!! You have a beautiful family!!
Post a Comment